Thursday, November 8, 2012

thankful

"Sometimes the little things in life mean the most."
~Ellen Hopkins
Currently there is a trend on facebook where people each day are writing what they are thankful for.  It has been fun to read and I almost joined in on the fun--until I remembered I have a hard enough time keeping up with everything else in life=) As I was sitting in Chambrun today I thought about what I would post--what would I be truly thankful for?  My thoughts went from my relationship with Christ to my family and friends...then all the way to running water and coke.  The list was long and after awhile I realized that it was simply the little things that add up each day that I'm truly thankful for.  I'm thankful that on my walk to Chambrun I have just a few minutes alone to think.  I'm thankful that as soon as I turn into the village I'm greeted by my favorite kiddos who are all racing to get the very first hug and kiss.  I'm thankful that when one of my little friends gets hurt he or she comes and curls up in my lap.  I'm thankful that something as simple as paper flash cards can make learning multiplication facts into a game and something fun.  It makes my heart so happy to see the children sitting with their school books open while they work on homework--thankful that NVM has a school filled with teachers who love the students.  More than anything, I'm truly thankful that I get to live in Haiti.  
Cutest smile ever!  
Natamara was hard at work sweeping!

For more photos click on the link below.  You do not need to have Facebook to see the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment