Monday, December 17, 2012

 There are moments when I watch my little friends play and be all crazy that I wouldn't trade for anything.  One of those moments happened over the weekend.  I ended up going to Chambrun earlier than normal and the kids were all fresh out of bed.  They were excited to fill me in on all the details I had missed out on since I left the village the evening before=) While I was sitting there I watched one of the little girls walk over with a little cheese puff (a favorite snack the kids love here) in her hand.  She had one cheese puff in her hand and she didn't just toss it in her mouth.  I watched as she broke the cheese puff in half and handed it to one of the little kids sitting by me.  And then she took the half in her hand and broke it again and gave it to another child.  She shared this one cheese puff with five different little friends before she ate the last crumb.  Her bite was literally a crumb.  The first child she shared with got a much larger piece than all the other children and yet not one child complained.  They were so excited to get just a piece of her snack.  I sort of expected the little girl to be disappointed when she realized that her "piece" was basically nothing and yet her smile stretched from one side of her face to the other.  This little four year old girl was Jesus to me.  There is so much crazy going on in the world and yet in that moment I saw so much hope.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Brooke, that is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    -Alissa Mallory

    ReplyDelete