Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Natacha and her momma (Feb. 2013)
Haitian Proverb:
"Kreyon Bondye pa gen gom--God's pencil has no eraser."
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that loves to witness a moment that was an answer to prayer.  Last March I blogged about a little baby, Natacha, that I met in the clinic.  From the moment I met this little girl I knew she was special.  There was something about this momma and her baby girl.  Maybe it was the fact that her mother was young and seemed to have all the odds against her.  Maybe it was simply because the little girl had a cleft lip and palate and the mom looked afraid and hopeless.  A few days after meeting Natacha I read a post on facebook about another organization that was letting people know they would have a surgeon in Haiti to repair cleft lips and palates.  I knew it was an answer to prayer to have just met Natacha and then days later see this posting- I also knew the chances of meeting this little girl again were slim.  Natacha returned to the clinic the next week though and our physician was able to talk with her momma about how important it was to take Natacha to this hospital and how this was a place that would take excellent care of her daughter.  The last time I saw Natacha and her mother I felt so overwhelmed at all the obstacles that stood in between them getting to this hospital for the surgery.  This little girl has been on my heart for almost a year now and I have prayed for her daily.  On Monday I was completely surprised when I saw Natacha in the clinic!  I quickly gave her mom a hug and then of course asked her all sorts of questions about how they were doing.  I found out that her mother took her to the hospital we told them about and that they were able to do the surgery.  Her mother said they had no problems with the surgery and that Natacha was doing great.  Natacha was full of smiles and even let me hold her for a minute- she's a momma's girl!  I love that I was able to see them again and that I was able to see this prayer answered.  
Natacha Feb. 2013
Natacha and her mom- March 2012
Natacha- March 2012
To read the first blog entry about Natacha click below:

1 comment:

  1. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!! God's timing is always perfect. What a blessing to see the outcome of your efforts and prayers. Missing you all. Cindy Peterson

    ReplyDelete