Monday, February 25, 2013

story time

Brandon and Katie (two other American's on staff with NVM) brought back a children's bible after Christmas in the States.  I was instantly jealous because they found a book in Creole and I knew the kids would love it!  I was really excited last week when a team arrived on campus with more of the bibles!  I quickly claimed one and couldn't wait to share it with my little friends.  Today, I tossed the bible in my bag and when I arrived in Chambrun the kids noticed it immediatly.  They couldn't believe it was in Creole and that all their favorite stories were in it.  We started with the story about Jonah and the whale.  Watching their faces was priceless--I mean how in the world could this big fish swallow a person and how could he live in the belly of this fish?!  From there we moved onto the story of Mary and Joseph and then to Goliath (I was surprised he was third in line!).  Reading the stories gave me an opportunity to not only work on reading skills with the children but to talk about the lessons in each story.  Love that they have already requested I bring the bible back tomorrow!
Clearly someone needs to hear a few more bible stories=) Nothing like
pushing/hitting on your friends during story time!

No comments:

Post a Comment