Saturday, April 27, 2013

back home again!

Back: my sisters Mila and Yarley.  Front: nieces Madison and Caitlin
I just arrived back in Haiti last night after a relaxing and wonderful two weeks with my family.  I was excited to have no specific "agenda" which meant I had lots of time to just sit and enjoy time with my family.  I played (and lost) lots of card games with my nieces Madison and Caitlin and of course spent lots of time cuddling my youngest niece Ava who is now 7 months old.  I was able to attend my oldest niece Madison's music concert and go to preschool with Caitlin.  I know I'm not partial or anything but I'm pretty sure my nieces are the cutest and smartest kids out there=)  I am blessed to have some amazing friends and loved getting time to see them.  I also was completely surprised  that I got to see E'tienne (she worked in the clinic with me during my first year in Haiti) who lives in New York but happened to be in Indiana while I was there.  Before moving to Haiti I volunteered with the youth group at my church.  I loved my high school small group and was so excited when I found out that Kelsey (my old co-leader) had planned a supper so I could see all the girls!  Needless to say the two weeks went extremely quickly.  I was sad to leave my family and yet I was also really excited to get back home to my Haitian family.  As I was boarding the plane yesterday I felt completely blessed.  I love that I have a home in Indiana and another in Haiti!
My niece Ava!
E'tienne and I

No comments:

Post a Comment