Sunday, March 18, 2012

perfect sunday

Haitian proverb:
"Tout venn touche ke"
All veins touch the heart
Everyday in Haiti is just a little different for me. Some days are crazy busy and full of lots of "nurse-like" activities. Some days are even filled with moments where I really feel like I'm really making an impact and able to connect with a patient or friend. And then there are days like today when after church I walked to the village to visit my little buddies. Several weeks ago the girls asked me to paint their toes and today seemed like the day to have some fun with it. Each of the girls were super excited when I told them to hurry and wash their feet because I had a surprise in my purse. They quickly ran off to find water to rinse their feet and came back carrying chairs so we could gather under the tree in the shade. At first they were timid but it didn't take long before they were all gathered around waiting for their turn to have their toes painted. I loved listening to them giggle as each girl patiently awaited her turn. As each little one placed her foot in my lap I realized again just how special each of them are to me and how much they have impacted and changed my life. Some days here are filled with events that feel "life changing" and then there are days like today that are spent sitting in the village painting toenail after toenail that I feel the love and presence of Christ the most.
For more pictures, click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment