Monday, May 21, 2012



"We have no right to decide where we should be placed, or to have preconceived ideas as to what God is preparing us to do.  God engineers everything; and wherever He places us, our one supreme goal should be to pour out our lives in wholehearted devotion to Him in that particular work.  
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might..."(Ecclesiastes 9:10)." 
~Oswald Chambers
I read this quote a few weeks ago and haven't been able to quit thinking about it since.  It's something I believe 100% with my heart and yet have to really focus on practicing it each and every day.  It has been easy to get lost in the "busy" of the past few weeks but when I really stop to think about it I have met and served countless people that truly needed someone to hear them.  I was blessed to be able to serve with another amazing Mercy Ships team this past week.  During the week of providing care in the IDP (internally displaced persons) camps there was one moment that stood out the most to me.  The medical camp was in full swing and as I looked out over the tent I noticed that four out of the five nurses and providers, sitting in separate places, were all bowing their heads in prayer with each of their patients and translators.  This wasn't an "official" moment or time of the day that we were all supposed to be praying-- this was a moment that each individual felt called to pray for the person in front of him or her.  I had tears in my eyes as I sat and watched lives being changed right in front of me.  God isn't calling me to simply make it through the day or each task-- He is calling me to live each day in full devotion to what He has planned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment