Saturday, September 1, 2012

one year

"We are called to serve.  This life, your life, belongs to God and your strength is His strength." 
~Pranitha Timothy

I have many memories from September 1, 2011.  The car ride to the airport was long as I fought back tears trying to remain as calm as possible and confident that I was making the right decision- that God was actually calling me to Haiti.  I remember pulling up to the curb at the Indianapolis airport with my mom and sister Brandi.  The three of us stood there in tears knowing that there was nothing left for me to do but actually turn and walk into the airport.  They had dropped me off at the airport countless times and yet this time was different because I didn't have a return ticket.  Brandi said over and over that I wouldn't be staying for just a year.  I'm pretty sure my mom was praying that it would be just a year--or maybe that I'd come home even earlier.  And I was confident it would be just a year.  I'm thankful we didn't place any bets on what the outcome would be!  Today I have officially lived in Haiti for a year and I am not even remotely ready for my time here to be over.  As I left Chambrun today I was thankful I could say "a demen--see you tomorrow."  Here is to another year of living, serving, and loving the life God has called me to in Haiti.  
For more photos click on the link below.  You do not need to have Facebook to see the pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150963439915831.477242.529825830&type=3&l=f56fa81158

No comments:

Post a Comment