Saturday, November 2, 2013

saturday morning fun!

Saturday mornings in Chambrun have always been my favorite time of the week.  I love getting up early and walking down to the village.  There is something so peaceful about passing the women on the road with their donkeys fully loaded for market.  The weather is actually enjoyable and not as hot and humid as the afternoons.  And there is something extra special about being there when the kids first wake up.  Today was an extra special time of visiting the kiddos because Aubree is here for the week so she came along too.  Aubree moved back to Indiana three months ago and the kids were all beyond excited to have her back for a visit!  She decided to be a little daring and brought a new game along to teach the kiddos.  I am not going to lie, I completely doubted her "great idea" of teaching the kids to play Hungry Hungry Hippos.  I knew that more than likely this new game would lead to complete chaos.  The kids aren't used to having toys/games so keeping the pieces together and trying to be fair with who gets a turn etc is a lot of work!  The kids were intrigued as soon as they saw the game and instantly wanted to help assemble it.  They actually took turns and none of the marbles were swallowed!  They laughed and were amazed at how quickly the hippos "ate" the marbles and wanted to play the game over and over.  I'm still amazed at just how well behaved the kids were and how eager they were to share and take turns.  They loved the game and I know that they will be requesting to play it again soon!  I never dreamed I'd spend my Saturday morning playing Hungry Hungry Hippos in Chambrun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment