Friday, October 17, 2014

pretend play!

Every afternoon the children let me know that they will walk me to the road.  This is a big deal because only the children who are "big" enough to behave, not cry, and walk back by themselves are allowed to come on this adventure.  One of the new favorite games the kids like to play on the road is a sleeping game.  As soon as we leave the fence the children let me know that they are going to sleep on the road, to which I'm supposed to get all upset and let them know that they are NOT allowed to sleep on the road.  They tease back and forth and quickly run ahead of me.  It's my job to "stumble" upon this group of sleeping children who are sprawled out on the ground.  I typically stand over them remarking at how loudly they are breathing and snoring.  I question if I should wake them or leave them to sleep there on the ground for the entire night.  Before long it's my job to yell "leve, leve, leve" so the kids can jump up while screaming as loudly as they possibly can to let me know that they are now awake!  They then rush ahead of me once again to "sleep" on the road one more time before it's time for them to  give me kisses and return home.  This has literally become a favorite activity for the kids and something that we all enjoy.  There is honestly nothing cuter than watching them pretend to sleep and hold as still as they possibly can while I'm standing over them.
The "sleeping" children=)

No comments:

Post a Comment