Saturday, March 14, 2015

pure joy

"Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most 
unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering with tears in its eyes." ~Buechner 
Today was one of those days where I watched as the Lord answered one of the prayers I have been praying for over 2 1/2 years.  A prayer that I have prayed since I met sweet little Rose in 2012.  Rose has always been a child that wasn't quick to laugh, smile, or honestly show any emotion at all.  She has a long story that is full of brokenness and yet I have always prayed that she would desire to laugh and play.  Lately watching her little personality grow and develop is like watching the Lord work a miracle right before your eyes.  Today when I walked into her home she instantly perked up and was ready to be held.  It didn't take long before I realized that this was one of those special days with Rose.  Today wouldn't be the day that Rose fell asleep in my arms or simply remained quiet like normal.  No, today was the day when this little lady would want to play.  And she would smile and laugh.  Rose buried her little head into my shoulder and the next thing I knew she peeked up with the biggest grin on her face.  At one point she took her pudgy little hands and started covering her eyes, only to quickly remove her hands with the biggest grin hiding under them.  This sweet little girl was playing peek-a-boo!  I don't think I stopped smiling during the two hours I sat and played with this little one.  In my morning devotions I read through Psalm 139 and as I walked home I thought back to verses 17-18 "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered!  I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!.."  Rose is not just precious to me but to her heavenly father as well and that brings such comfort to my soul.  Today I'm thankful that the Lord gave me a glimpse into what He is doing in the heart of sweet Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment