Sunday, July 26, 2015

surprise renovation!

My kitchen space before (I had a dorm style fridge in the open spot..the guys worked so quickly that I didn't get a good before pic!). 
You know those TV shows where a crew of people pull up to your house, kick you out of the house, and renovate your home while you are gone?  I never really thought that was more than just a dream until this last week. A new family has moved to campus and they were able to design and install a kitchen in their appartment. Not only did they do this in their space though they also talked with me about building a kitchen in my appartment. If you have ever been to Haiti you know that nothing works quickly. "Haiti time" is a phrase for a reason. Well some of my dear friends were on campus and heard about the kitchen idea and literally ran with it. One day it was a possibility and the next I had a refrigerator and gas stove in the middle of my house. On Friday they locked me out of my house and literally worked all day without stopping. They installed a new outlet, ran water to install a kitchen sink (that has a fancy sprayer and two sides!), installed the gas stove, built a shelf, and built a beautiful counter in ONE day. In one day my appartment was transformed into a home. I no longer need to wash dishes in my bathroom sink!  I now am able to cook and bake and entertain in my home. And the refrigerator is HUGE!  It has been so much fun getting to organize and set up the space. I have also spent a lot of time just sitting and admiring it too:) So thankful to have people that worked so hard to serve me. That desired to create a space for me that is literally so beautiful and like a retreat from life. To say that I am spoiled is a complete understatement.
The finished kitchen!!  
Washing dishes has never been SO much fun!!  
First party in my new kitchen!  

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you Brooke. You deserve every bit of it. As happy as you are, I know they were excited and happy to do it for you. When the Mighty Men of Macon take on a project, consider it done, even on Haiti time. Enjoy you new Kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift!!!!! Blessings on those friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory be to God..... You are not only an inspiration to me but my entire family. We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete