Monday, May 18, 2015

snapshots

These are some "snapshots" that were originally posted on instagram (smalleybrooke).  I hope you enjoy getting a look into some of the sweet moments of my days=)
During the last few months of my friends pregnancy her daughter Kris was extra needy and cuddly
with me.  For months I prayed about the upcoming delivery and transition for this feet family.  Kris has had
my heart for a long time and watching her struggle wasn't easy.  Just hours after my friend delivered this
sweet new little one Kris practically pulled me into their home.  It has  been such a blessing to watch as Kris has fallen completely head over heals with her baby sister.  Love watching the Lord work in the lives of my friends!
This picture was taken on our Labor/Agriculture holiday which meant no school for the kiddos and
no clinic for me!  Wearing a uniform to school day after day must be boring for Rose because this day she
 chose to let her inner spunk shine by wearing her "fancy" dress!  The tackier the better when you are five!
Love the sticky kisses that come with mango season!  Rosemene didn't waste one bite of her mango!
A fun evening outside with Rose!  You really can't go wrong with
bubbles, a slide, and side walk chalk!
Learned a new version of tic-tac-toe with the children.  Needless to say I go treat quite a few times.  
Daniella and Rosemelie decided to come for a visit.  It's amazing how my cozy little home can become
 wild and crazy with these two!  Not quite sure when they got old enough to come and visit me all on their
 own but I have a feeling this won't be the last time!  Oh and I'll confess- I stood right where I hugged and
 kissed them on the road until I couldn't see them anymore- I'm not ready for my kids to grow up.
The 1st of May is Labor/Agriculture day in Haiti!  The preschool and kindergarten classes were busy
planting different plants for several weeks.  The plants went home with the students just recently…I have
a feeling quite a few of them will have a short life if they are watered like the one on the left=)

No comments:

Post a Comment