Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two years ago..

Two years ago a 7.0 magnitude earthquake shook Haiti. Two years ago today the lives of most Haitians changed forever. I remember watching the news as reporters showed various pictures and gave updates about the tragedy striking an already poverty stricken country. I remember feeling compelled to help. I truly believe my life was forever changed on January 12, 2010. Before the earthquake I had no plan or desire to come and serve in Haiti. I never even considered it a possibility that two years into the future I would actually be living in Haiti. God of course had other plans for my life! Over the span of a year and a half I served on five different short term trips. Each trip brought me one step closer to calling Haiti my home. Tonight I worshipped with my Haitian friends. They took time to mourn the lives that were lost, but also to celebrate the lives that were spared. They rejoiced in the plan that God has for their lives. I feel blessed to be a part of an amazing ministry's vision which is to bring Haitian men, women, and children from darkness to light and from hopelessness into eternal life. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."





4 comments:

  1. this was awesome Brooke :) my thoughts and prayers were with Haiti today

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ryan by the way...ryan graves

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you and also for Haiti people. I feel sure this is where you belong. Your're a very special girl.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Brooke. You are quite the inspiration to an aspiring nurse like myself :)
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete