Friday, January 20, 2012

welcome to my home!

It's hard to believe I have lived in Haiti for almost five months. I planned on giving you a "photo tour" once I was settled in here on campus but obviously time slipped away. Nehemiah Vision Ministries (NVM) is an organization that is focused on raising up a new generation of Haitians through education, health care, orphan care, and spiritual development. I hope you enjoy this small glimpse into my life here in Haiti and the ministry I am serving with!

The road to Chambrun...
This is my view each and everyday....simply breathtaking.
Guard shack
Church
Another view of the church
School
Inside one of the pre-school classrooms
Over Christmas break a team painted murals in the pre-school classrooms
Playground! It is packed before and after school!
One of the two new children's homes being built on campus.
Administration building...just finished in December
Warehouse...this building holds a little bit of everything!
The front section is the preschool--the back is the clinic I work in!
Patients line up hours before the clinic open in order to be seen each day.
Inside of the clinic
Pharmacy
This is where we do anything from suturing, IV's, wounds, and sooo much more!
Aubree, E'tienne and I are the campus nurses. LOVE them!
Hospital! Once finished will have surgery rooms, inpatient rooms, dental, vision, pharmacy, health clinic, ER..and SOO much more.
Hospital from the back...
Electricity was placed in the hospital just this week!
Teams who volunteer with NVM stay on this side of campus. From far left: mens shower house, dining hall, and women's shower house.
Team housing
Door 1 is my house! I live with 3 other volunteers who are also serving with NVM for a year. Our home has a living room, bathroom/shower, and two bedrooms. We are blessed to have this space to call home and retreat to after long days of working.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. Keep up the good work, all of you. We love you all. Grandma & Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much the campus has changed since I've been there. God is doing awesome things there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing tremendous work. Keep the faith and keep spreading joy and love. So proud of you and what you are doing! -mckenna

    ReplyDelete