Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Party!!

The Christmas party is the day that the students look forward to ALL year long. It's this day that the children dream about because they know it's one filled with a fun program (skits, dancing, singing, etc), a BIG lunch (rice and beans, chicken, salad, plantains, and a bottle of juice), and we can't forget the best part- each student receives a gift. My kiddos spent the last few weeks planning out what outfits they would wear. And Davidson was concerned about if I had batteries--because somehow he just assumed his gift would need batteries:) It was ALL the talk of the school when the presents started to arrive the week of the party. I heard that one of the boxes had cars in it and another had toys for girls!  These events always leave me an emotional mess because it makes my heart just burst at watching my kiddos get loved on in such an extravagant and fun way. At the end of the day my kiddos and I were playing with their new toys in my house when one of my sweet girls told me how her sponsor was the best because she picked out and sent her the best present ever. My other kiddos joined in too telling me just how much they loved their toys and food too. This years Christmas party will be one my little ones talk about for a long long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment