Thursday, June 27, 2013

kites and cars

One of the things I love most about Chambrun is that there aren't toys and games scattered all over the place.  Most people would think it would be pretty depressing to see a child without the latest (insert name here) gadget and yet these kiddos are so creative and resourceful.  The children can take a pile of "trash" and turn it into treasures.  The little boys are known for making homemade kites and cars.  The kites are assembled with sticks, plastic bags (like Walmart bags that they tear), and random pieces of string tied together.  After hours of tedious and hard work the boys are beyond proud when their kites fly crazy high.  As a child I never remember being able to get my fancy store purchased kite off the ground--and their kites literally soar! 
Just recently I caught the boys making cars.  They loved showing them off to me and were really excited when I asked if I could take pictures of their cars!  They used everything from old plastic cartons, string, bottle caps, rocks, and so much more to assemble these cars.   They took such pride in their cars and worked so hard to make them.  It was fun to watch as the boys raced the cars up and down the dirt road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment